Tamang Village Community Trek also very popular as a Tamang Heritage Trails is a moderate seven-day trek just North of Kathmandu Valley in Nepal, get up close with the Tamang people while trekking amid green valleys and snow-capped mountains. The Tamang Heritage trail has the added benefit of providing sustainable economic benefit to the local community.
This Trekking designed to provide you an insight into the Tamang people’s culture, tradition and lifestyle. The trekking region does not belong inside the Langtang National Park but on the other side of the river, towards the Tibetan border. The trek starts from Syabru Besi and passes through Gatlang, Goljung, Chilime, Thuman and Briddim.
All of these villages are inhabited by Tamang and Tibetan origin people living a simple farmer’s life. The Tamang people originally came from Tibet as horse traders and settled in hilly parts of Nepal (usually within close proximity of the Kathmandu Valley) several hundred years ago. They have retained a distinct identity with Tibetan roots, as well as their own language. They have historically been one of the most marginalized ethnic groups in Nepal. Sadly, they were among the worst-affected groups during the 2015 earthquake, as their homes tended to be in vulnerable areas cut off from help. Trekking the Tamang Community Village Trek helps bring a source of income to the Tamang people in this area.
If you have enough time then you can extend your trip to Langtang Valley or Gosaikunda Trek together with this Community Village Trek those trek also very popular and beautiful.
1. Experience a cultural trek in which you can learn about one of Nepal’s Tibetan-influenced hill tribes, and directly contribute to their rural economy
2. Luxuriate in the hot spring waters at Tatopani
3. Stay in a local homestay in Briddim, to learn more about the Tamang people and their way of life
4. Enjoy spectacular views of Ganesh Himal, the Langtang Himalayas, and the Gosainkund range
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,335m )
Day 2: Drive to Syabrubesi (1,550m)
Day 3: Trek to Ghatlang (2,238m)
Day 4: Trek to Tatopani (2,600m)
Day 5: Trek to Thuman (2,338m)
Day 6: Trek to Briddim (2,229m)
Day 7: Trek back to Syabru Besi (1,460m)
Day 8: Drive back to Kathmandu (1,335m)
Day 9: Departure
♂ Note: All itineraries can be customized at your request.
Trip Cost: From 750 US $ PP
Group Size: Min-2, Max-15, Ave 10
1. 2 nights Standard Hotel in Kathmandu in twin sharing basis
2. All transfers according to the above Itinerary.
3. Foods (Lunch, Dinner & Breakfast)
4. All mountain basic accommodation with sharing toilet in twin sharing basis.
5. All necessary paperwork and permits (National Park permit and TIMS)
6. Guide and porters salaries and insurance
7. All government and local taxes
8. 1 porter (Max. 20 kg) for 2 people
9. Sleeping Bags if needed.
10. Community Trek’s Duffel Bags.
1. Mineral water in bottle
2. Electronic device re-charge
3. Hot shower
5. Personal expenses
6. Travel insurance and evacuation insurance
7. Tip for guide & porter
♂ For more details you can email to firstname.lastname@example.org or talk and share message on
WhatsApp on +977 9808881190 we’re available 24/7
0 Reviews on Tamang Village Community Trek – 9 DAYS View All