Gokyo valley Trek, Everest lies towards the west of the Khumbu region. In this serene valley, there are abundant pastures for yaks to graze during summer and the pristine turquoise lakes are breathtaking. Gokyo can be visited after trekking up to Everest Base Camp by adding another five days to the itinerary.
From Gokyo, the eight-thousander Cho Oyu (8,153m) is seen towards the north. There are many great views around the valley. The most popular of them is seen by ascending a ridge for 2-3 hours to the north-west to reach a small summit. From here the view is a stupendous panorama extending from Cho Oyu and Everest to Lhotse, and all the way to Makalu. This view is arguably better than the one above Gorak Shep.
1. Stand at the shores of a chain of six turquoise, glacial-fed lakes
2. Avoid the Everest crowds, but enjoy the selection of great views
3. Climb Gokyo Ri (5,357 m) for spectacular views of Everest, Lhotse, and Cho Oyu
4. Trek through the Sherpa town of Khumjung, home of a ‘real’ yeti skull
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu drop to Hotel(1350m/4428ft)
Day 02: Fly to Lukla (2800m.) & trek to Phakding (2652m), 30m-3h.
Day 03: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m), 5-6h
Day 04: Acclimatization day in Namche
Day 05: Namche Bazaar to Dole (4,200m),5-6h.
Day 06: Dole to Machhermo (4,470m), 5-6h.
Day 07: Machharmo to Gokyo (4800m), 5-6h.
Day 08: Gokyo Valley: Climb Gokyo Ri (5357m),5-6h.
Day 09: Gokyo to Dole(4,200m), 4-5h.
Day 10: Dole to Namche Bazaar(3440m), 4-5h.
Day 11: Namche to Lukla (2800m), 8h.
Day 12: Lukla to Kathmandu flight (1,300m)
Day 13: Departure from Kathmandu
From 1300 US $ Per Person (for 2-13 pax.)
1. 2 nights Standard Hotel in Kathmandu in twin sharing basis
2. All transfers according to the above Itinerary.
3. Airfare Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu
4. Full meals of your choice; Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
5. All mountain basic accommodation with sharing toilet in twin sharing basis.
6. All necessary paper work and permits (National Park permit and TIMS)
7. Guide and porters salaries and insurance
8. Hot drinks (Tea and Coffee)
9. All government and local taxes
10. 1 porter (Max. 20kg) for 2 people
11. Sleeping Bags if needed.
12. Community Trek’s Duffle Bags.
1. Meals in Kathmandu
2. Mineral water in bottle
3. Boiled water
4. Electronic device re-charge
5. Hot shower
7. Personal expenses
8. Travel insurance and evacuation insurance
9. Tip for guide & porter
♂ Note: All itineraries can be customized at your request.
♂ For more details you can email to email@example.com or talk and share message on WhatsApp on 977 9808881190
0 Reviews on Gokyo Valley Trek, Everest – 13 DAYS View All