Safety & Security is a matter that we take very seriously. Wherever it is for trekking, expeditions or any other kind of outdoor activity we always offer trained and experienced guides which will be able to offer you the most secured experience while finding the good balance with freedom.
We always choose our partners for trips outside Nepal according to their qualifications, experience and reputation, this is why even if you are not travelling directly with Community Trek you will always get the same quality experience.
1. Trekking guide training (Government of Nepal Ministry of culture & Civil Aviation)
2. Mountaineering course (Nepal Mountaineering association)
3. Adventure Travel Guide Training (Adventure Travel Trade Association)
4. First-aid training (Kathmandu Environmental Education Project)
5. First-aid training (Wildness Medical Associates International)
This is the basic list to cover the more common ailments that affect trekkers. Climbing groups, expeditions and trekkers going to isolated areas will need a more comprehensive kit.
1. Bandage for sprains Plasters/Band-aids
2. Iodine or water filter (optional)
34. Moleskin/Second skin – for blisters
4. Antiseptic ointment for cuts Anti-bacterial throat lozenges (with antiseptic)
5. Aspirin/Paracetamol – general painkiller
6. Oral rehydration salts
7. Broad-spectrum antibiotic (norfloxacin or ciprofloxin)
8. Anti-diarrhoea medication (antibiotic)
9. Diarrhoea stopper (Imodium – optional)
10. Antibiotic for Guardia or similar microbe or bacteria
11. Diamox 250/500mg (for altitude sickness)
12. Sterile Syringe set (anti-AIDS precaution)
13. Gel hand cleaner.
Please Note: our guide will also carry the first aid kit bag during the trek. However, we still recommend you to bring your personal first aid kit as well
Traveling is full of fun and adventure but be prepared for RISKS! One might face lots of difficulties especially while traveling in the Himalayas. You may suffer from various health problems, injuries and even altitude sickness. Hence, you have to be prepared earlier if your upcoming destination is this mountainous land. At times, even a helicopter may be needed along with a rescue team, for ground evacuation and rescuing. So, every traveler must have the insurance covered.
Start your trip with all the necessary health & traveling insurances for your safety. There is whole lot of Insurance companies providing you travel Insurance service over the Internetth at you can choose form according to your convenience. But you need to strictly be aware of the fact that the policy the insurance company provides should cover the process of giving you the service of Helicopter rescue from the mountains in case of Altitude Sickness or other accidents during your trip