Fly in and fly out tour from Kathmandu to Lhasa offers fun-filled adventurous journey around cultural heritages and historical places of Nepal and Tibet. Lhasa, most popularly known as ‘Sunlight City’, is regarded as the heart and soul of Tibet.
What You’ll Do
1. Guided city tour in Kathmandu valley.
2. Lhasa Guided sightseeing tours of cultural and historical hearts of Tibet
3. Scenic flights from Kathmandu – Lhasa – Kathmandu
Welcome to the Himalayan country of Nepal! Upon your arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport one of Community Trek representatives will be there to welcome you before taking you to your hotel in Kathmandu.
From Kathmandu International Airport you will take a 1 hour and 10 minute Trans Himalayan Flight to Gonggar Airport, considered one of the most beautiful flights in the world over Mount Everest (8848m) and Kanchenjunga (8536m). Those who wish to join in Lhasa can arrive on the date mentioned and meet the Tibetan guide at the airport. You will take a 1.5-hour drive along the road leading to Lhasa, where you can relax for the rest of the day.
The tour begins with a visit to the Sera Monastery, where an experienced tour guide will escort you round this preserved monastery of white-washed walls and golden roofs. You will then move on to see Norbulingka, the summer palace of the Dalai Lama, and the Jokhang Temple, an important sacred site of Tibetan Buddhism. You will also visit Barkhor Markets and roam around the city, where you will see stall sellers and experience the Tibetan culture, customs, and traditions. The tour concludes as you return to the comfort of your hotel.
You will visit the 17th century Potala Palace, where you can enjoy the awesome views of the entire city, visit the private quarters of the Dalai Lama, the numerous grand state rooms, and chapels. You will also visit Drepung Monastery, which was built in the 14th century for 10,000 monks. Here you will experience a place that is important for Tibetans’ respect and beliefs.
You will be driven to Ganden Monastery where you can admire the extremely delicate and fine murals and sculptures, as well as a decorated armor of Emperor Qianlong. In the afternoon you will drive to Drayer Pa Cave to visit local Lama in the caves. You will spend 1.5 hours visiting some of the 30 caves and enjoying the beautiful views from the valley. In the evening you will head back to Lhasa.
You will take a last memorable look at the Potala Palace before being transported to the airport for the flight back to Kathmandu. There will be a farewell dinner in the evening to celebrate the successful completion of our journey.
On the final day you will fly back home or extend your holiday in Nepal.
ALL ITINERARIES CAN BE CUSTOMIZED AT YOUR REQUEST. CHECK OUT “EXTENSION” FOR SOME SUGGESTIONS.
What Is Included
1. All domestic flights and hotel/airport transfer by private vehicles
2. Standard hotel in Kathmandu as per itinerary with breakfast
3. Farewell dinner
4. All costs including salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food, and lodging for the guides and porters
5. Tibet entry permission, Chinese visa, and monastery entry fees
6. All necessary paper work and permits
7. A comprehensive medical kit
8. All government and local taxes
What Is Not Included
1. Nepal entry visa fees
2. International airfare and airport departure tax
3. Bar bills and laundry
4. Travel insurance including evacuation
5. Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu except welcome and farewell meals
6. All optional additional tours or activities on your extended holidays
7. Tips for local staff, guides, and porters
8. All other expenses that are not mentioned in the inclusions
Responsible tourism is something which our company takes very seriously. This is why we recommend you to read the following lines and learn about responsible tourism before your trip.
0 Reviews on LHASA FROM KATHMANDU TOUR 7 DAYS View All